Competence in a particular field is not only a characteristic of individuals, but also of organisations and companies. But there they are more than the sum of the competence of their individual members. The competence of organisations also includes areas such as the implementation of corporate strategy, organisational structure and culture, and the handling of resources. In the flyer you will find a short and concise summary of the most important information. Read Case Stories and Testimonials from companies that have been certified.
Benefits and target groups
With an IPMA Delta® certification you generate the following benefits:
- You achieve better results in projects, programmes and portfolios (fitness, competitiveness, satisfaction).
- You know the status quo of competence in the management of projects, programmes and portfolios of your organisation (assessment of the current situation).
- You know the strengths (best practices) of your organisation, also in comparison with other organisations (benchmarking).
- You have a clear idea of the areas that need to be improved and developed and can derive the necessary activities to achieve this.
- You have the basis for the strategic orientation of project, programme and portfolio management in your organisation.
- Through the assessment process, you promote the exchange of information about project, programme and portfolio management in your organisation.
- You strengthen the importance of project, programme and portfolio management in your organisation.
- The visibility of your organisation's project, programme and portfolio management competence is increased through certification by an independent body, both within and outside your organisation. This leads to a stronger market position.
The certification is aimed at the following target groups:
- Private sector as well as public sector organisations
- Small, medium and large enterprises
- Organisations where project, programme and portfolio management is important
- Companies that want to continuously develop and improve
IPMA Delta® competence classes should be seen as maturity levels of an organisation's project, programme and portfolio management. They describe the current level of competence. Standards are only consistently implemented for almost all areas of project, programme and portfolio management in an organisation after the third level. Project, programme and portfolio management are specifically improved from the fourth level and a continuous improvement process is added at the fifth level. Based on the evaluated level of competence, an organisation can thus approach the development towards the competence class or competence that it has defined as its own goal.
Organisational competence for the management of projects
The Organisational Competence Baseline OCB standard defines organisational competence for project management as the ability of organisations to integrate people, resources, processes, structures and cultures into projects, programmes and portfolios within a supporting governance and management system. Organisational competence for project management is particularly aligned with the mission, vision and strategy of the organisation. It is intended to achieve results as well as to ensure the ongoing development of the organisation.
Competence in an organisation is much more than the combined competence of the individuals. The cohesion of the group, with all of the dynamic interactions between its members and the relevant stakeholders, forms a social system.
The certification process is characterised by a constant exchange between the applicant organisation and the certifying body. Since enormous value is placed on efficiency and consistent focus on practical applications, the internal resources and time required is proportional. The time between the first consultation and issue of the certificate, as well as the costs for certification depend on the size of the company. The certification process usually lasts between three and nine months.
The recertification process may vary depending on the competence level aimed for. The following process is applied with an unchanged competence class:
|Stage||Certification process steps|
|Application||Request for a proposal from the applicant organisation (draft contract)|
|Selection of the assessors|
|Proposal (draft contract)|
|Re-assessment||Collection of changes since the last (re)certification|
|Preparation of the on-site visit|
|Brief re-assessment report|
|Decision and issue of the certificate|
|Certificate handover, feedback from the certified organisation and lessons learned|
|Archiving by the certification body|
Price and contact person
The price for an IPMA Delta® certification depends on the size of the company. At the beginning of the certification process you will receive a concrete offer.
Are you interested in having your organisation, company or division certified? Please contact us to arrange a non-binding meeting. Your contact at the VZPM is Jean-Pierre Widmann.